Lip augmentation creates fuller, plumper lips and reduces fine wrinkles around the mouth. Lips may be injected with collagen or with fat transferred from another site in the patient’s body. Both liquid collagen and fat are absorbed and repeat treatments are necessary to maintain results. Newer, longer-lasting options include implantable materials like AlloDerm and SoftForm.
A natural or synthetic biocompatible material, or the patient’s own fat, is injected or implanted in the lips. One injection is usually sufficient to produce the desired result, which may be temporary, depending on the material used. Injections may need to be repeated periodically. Proper placement of the injected material is important. AlloDerm, a natural collagen sheet made from donated skin, is inserted through tiny incisions inside the corners of the mouth. Once the AlloDerm implant is in place, it eventually becomes integrated with the natural tissues. Gore-Tex, SoftForm and soft ePTFE are other synthetic implant options.
Further options include
- Autologen — injectable dermal implant material made from the patient’s own skin.
- Dermalogen — injectable Human Tissue Matrix (HTM) procured from donor tissue.
- Fascia — injectable donor tissue made from the dense white connective tissue that supports body structure. Can also be done as a surgical implant.
- HylaForm — a crystal-clear injectable gel; the hyaluronic acid in Hylaform is similar to that naturally found in the body.
- Radiance — calcium hydroxylapatite
- Restylane — crystal-clear injectable gel; the hyaluronic acid in Restylane is very close to that naturally found in the body.
Another augmentation choice is laser lip rejuvenation, which tightens the natural collagen and elastic tissue beneath the lips.
How does the process unfold?
The patient's anatomy and expectations are taken into consideration when tailoring a particular operation. The consultation is organized the day after arrival in the morning at around 10 am. Patients are collected from their hotels half an hour before the consultation time. The consultation takes about 1-2 hrs. We cover every aspect of the operation and guide the patient towards making the right decision which will be obtaining the highest levels of satisfaction and improvement.
All of our surgery packages involve a comprehensive guarantee coverage. In case of any complications (We are one of the rare companies which does not have any major complication history with any overseas patients to date) we cover the cost of corrective surgeries or treatments.